Consumer Bankruptcy Cases 2017 (Free Webcast)
- 9:00 AM - 12:45 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Practising Law Institute
- Source: Pennsylvania (Decommissioned)
The Practising Law Institute is offering a free webcast of a live program from New York entitled, Consumer Bankruptcy Cases 2017, on October 17, 2017 from 9:00 am to 12:45 pm.
Consumer bankruptcy lawyers are the solution for millions of individuals facing financial difficulties. This half-day program will provide legal and practical information for both experienced consumer bankruptcy lawyers and lawyers who do not regularly practice in this field, but are finding an increasing need to understand essential information in this area.
The program will also feature an important review of recent cases and hot topics as well as ethical considerations for consumer lawyers. The program features a dynamic group of panelists including a Bankruptcy Judge, an attorney for the United States Trustee’s Office, Chapter 7 panel trustees and experienced debtor and creditor attorneys.
What You Will Learn
- A View from the Bench: Ethical considerations for consumer bankruptcy lawyers
- A View from the Office of the United States Trustee: Role of the United States Trustee and Current Issues
- What Every Non-bankruptcy lawyer should know about bankruptcy including tips and traps
- Exemptions: Planning, choice, amendments and recent cases
- Recent case law and hot topics
Who Should Attend
The program is designed for attorneys practicing in the consumer bankruptcy law field. It is also designed for attorneys who do not regularly practice in this field, but find they are increasingly faced with bankruptcy issues and need a condensed version of the most essential legal issues and practice tips.
- CLE Credit Comments:
Credit Status: Approved
Total Credits: 3.00
Attendance at this event is categorized as "distance learning" by the PA CLE Board. Under current rules, lawyers have the option of completing six (6) hours per compliance year of distance learning by participating in pre-approved, interactive, Internet or computer based CLE programs. More information on distance learning CLE credit.
Practising Law Institute
- Website: www.pli.edu