31st Annual Elder Law Institute (Webcast)
- 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Practising Law Institute
Practising Law InstituteMap:New York, NY
- Health Care
- Senior Citizens
Why You Should Attend
This years Institute will focus on mostly Medicaid, with experienced practitioners sharing insights about a range of subjects from comparing and contrasting eligibility rules to liens and estate recovery to promissory note planning. Faculty also will focus on Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and how to avoid terminations and overpayments, as well as ethical issues that frequently arise in elder law practice.
What You Will Learn
- A multi-state look at Medicaid: Comparing and contrasting eligibility rules
- Medicaid liens and estate recovery
- Medicaid promissory note planning: Using DRA-compliant promissory notes to convert assets to income
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI): Avoiding terminations and overpayments
- Ethical considerations for the elder law attorney
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for elder law practitioners, lawyers who represent elderly clients or younger clients with aging parents, and advocates interested in getting into this constantly evolving field. Experienced practitioners will explore developing issues and also review elder law fundamentals.
*Scholarships are available to participate in this program. See attached application.
Practising Law Institute800-260-4754
- Attachment(s): Scholarship_Form_2019.pdf