Naturalization Hot Topics
- 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
- Pacific Time (US & Canada)
- By: ILRC
This event takes place online
- Source: Immigration Advocates Network > IAN Nonprofit Resource Center
- Access to Justice
This webinar covers various hot topic issues involving good moral character that frequently arise in naturalization cases. This webinar is appropriate for practitioners who are new to naturalization, as well as those who are experienced and need a review or fine-tuning.
- Discretionary and statutory bars to proving good moral character
- Balance test that CIS must employ when deciding if an applicant who is not statutorily ineligible has good moral character
- How a DUI can impact naturalization, including the Attorney General’s October 25, 2019 decision in the Matter of Castillo-Perez,
- Marijuana and naturalization, and other topics
To register for this event, or for more information, click here.