Natural Disasters and Abandoned Real Property (Part 1)
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: American Bar Assciation
WebinarMap:n/a, United States
- Source: National Disaster Legal Aid > National Disaster Legal Aid Advocacy Center
- Disaster Relief and Recovery
Real estate property that has been abandoned or is never transferred to heirs under probate is an issue for many large cities. When natural disasters strike, such as Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans, this issue is brought into focus even more. Join us for a two-part program.
Part One: June 23, 2020
This session will explore the issues of abandoned property from the real estate and probate sides, including viewpoints of two Louisiana practitioners. The speakers will further discuss how natural disasters exasperate the underlying issues.
- CLE Credit Comments: The ABA will seek 3 hours of CLE credit in 60-minute states and 3.6 hours of CLE credit for this program in 50- minute states. Credit hours are estimated and are subject to each state’s approval and credit rounding rules. Please visit americanbar.org/mcle for general information on CLE at the ABA.