Natural Disasters and Abandoned Real Property (Part 2)
- 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: American Bar Association
WebinarMap:n/a, United States
- Source: National Disaster Legal Aid > National Disaster Legal Aid Advocacy Center
- Disaster Relief and Recovery
Real estate property that has been abandoned or is never transferred to heirs under probate is an issue for many large cities. When natural disasters strike, such as Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans, this issue is brought into focus even more. Join us for a two-part program.
Part Two: June 30, 2020
During this session, we will discuss methods of clearing title and transferring the property to rightful heirs. We will also address methods in which cities are addressing this issue and examine best practices.
- CLE Credit Comments: The ABA will seek 3 hours of CLE credit in 60-minute states and 3.6 hours of CLE credit for this program in 50- minute states. Credit hours are estimated and are subject to each state’s approval and credit rounding rules. Please visit americanbar.org/mcle for general information on CLE at the ABA.