Reentry Series: Back Home and Back to Work: Navigating Employment Issues
- 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
- Central Time (US & Canada)
- By: Legal Services State Support, Pro Bono Institute
- Source: Minnesota > ProJusticeMN.org
- Prisons/Criminal Records
- Access to Justice
This session will educate lawyers working with individuals reentering after prison about common employment and employment discrimination issues. Attendees will understand how to identify, anticipate and address these issues to advocate for clients. Topics include:
• Discrimination based on ex-offender status or other protected grounds
• Protections and remedies for employment discrimination
• Criminal records & hiring – when is it relevant and at what stage in hiring can employer ask
This is part of a series presented by the Minnesota Collaborative Justice Initiative, a project of the Pro Bono Institute focused on improving reentry outcomes.
Justin Cummins, MSBA Board Certified Labor & Employment Law Specialist, Cummins & Cummins LLP
Nick Pladson, General Counsel for the Minnesota Department of Human Rights
Attendance is free to encourage pro bono work on these matters.
- CLE Credit Comments: 1.5 MN credits to be applied for