De-Escalation In These Volatile Times
- 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Central Time (US & Canada)
- By: Oklahoma Department of Mental Health & Substance Abuse Services
- Source: Oklahoma > probono.net/OK
- Access to Justice
This webinar will discuss: Trauma, substance abuse, mental illness and context influence a person's ability to express their needs and feel safe. Sometimes the way people express hurt introduces professionals to uncharted territory for expanding their skill set in supporting people who are hurting. This training will provide a framework for understanding the way trauma, substance abuse, mental illness and context influence the way professionals respond to survivors of domestic and sexual violence who are expressing great need for help and experiencing overwhelming emotions. This training will equip attendees with skills to translate their knowledge of trauma into tangible actions that support survivors who are acutely hurting.
Please join us below & feel free to share amongst your teams and agencies.
- CLE Credit Comments: This webinar may qualify for 2.0 hours of MCLE Credit. Check with the OBA MCLE online system to confirm.
Oklahoma Department of Mental Health & Substance Abuse Services
- Attachment(s): DeE.doc2_(002).pdf