Help for Website Users
If you are looking for legal help, click here.
Membership, Password, and Profile
- If you have already joined MassProBono and forgot your password, click here.
- If you are an attorney, law student or other professional interested in volunteering and you would like to join MassProBono, click here.
- If you have applied to join MassProBono but have not heard back yet, email us. Please note that membership is limited to attorneys, law students and other professionals interested in volunteering. If you are a client looking for legal help, click here.
- If you are a member and would like to update your profile or reset your password, make sure you are logged in and click here. To get the most out of this site, we encourage you to keep your contact information and areas of interest up to date.
Making a Pro Bono Match
- If you have contacted an organization or program about a project or case or for information about volunteering and have not heard back, please try contacting them again. To see a list of all the pro bono programs on this website, go to the Pro Bono Opportunities Guide and click Search without selecting any filters, or enter the name of the program in the Organization text box. Each program has a volunteer contact listed.
- Whether you ultimately take that case or volunteer for a project is a decision between you and the program that posted the case. MassProBono is not involved in that decision.
Cases and Case Alerts
If you want to see the list of cases available for referral, you need to join the website and be logged in and click on the Find a Case quick link. See the FAQ for more information about finding cases. Organizations may have pro bono cases that are not listed on this website. Organizations may have pro bono cases for referral that aren't listed on this website. We suggest that you use the Pro Bono Opportunities Guide to contact organizations directly to inquire about specific pro bono opportunities.
To see the cases you have under review or accepted, log in and click on My Profile in the upper left corner, just under your name. Then click on Manage My Cases.
If you are not able to review cases, it may be that you already have 2 cases under review. You cannot have more than 2 cases under review at a time.
If a case has come off your Cases Under Review list in your Profile, it may be because it has been more than 10 days since you started reviewing it. After 10 days under review, cases go back on the list of cases available for referral.
A case alert is a way to get notified when a new case is posted that meets criteria you have selected. To set up or change a case alert, log in and click on My Profile in the upper left corner under your name. Then click on Edit My Case Alerts.You may select Case Topics and Counties that match your interests and location. To select more than one topic or county, hold down the Control key (Command on a Mac). Be sure Subscribe is selected. Click the Change button to save your selections. Any time a new case is posted that matches your selections, you will receive an email notification.
- You need to join MassProBono and logged in to see the list of available email groups. Membership in email groups is limited to attorneys and other legal advocates who are actively engaged in pro bono or legal aid work.
- If you have requested to join an email group but have not heard back, email us. Please note that membership in email groups is limited to attorneys who are actively engaged in pro bono work.
- For general information about MassProBono, see our FAQ page.
- For all other questions and comments, please Contact Us.