Pro Bono Opportunities
Mass Legal Answers Online
Mass Legal Answers Online is a virtual legal advice clinic that is part of the American Bar Association's Free Legal Answers project. It's a secure website where low-income Massachusetts residents post their legal questions and volunteer attorneys answer them, all through the same website. It launched in Massachusetts in November 2016.
How does it work?
- Choose the questions you want to answer -- at any time, and from any location, that works for you.
- This is a limited scope service -- the clients know in advance that your assistance is restricted to answering their civil legal question, and that you will not go to court with them or prepare any paperwork.
- No required time commitment, although we encourage you to answer at least one question a month.
- Malpractice coverage provided to volunteer attorneys for legal guidance provided through the website.
Who Can Participate?
All attorneys in good standing who are licensed to practice law in Massachusetts, or registered for pro bono status with the Board of Bar Overseers, including in-house counsel and retired attorneys.
Lawyers, sign up today at www.masslao.org.
For more information, email email@example.com or see the video and FAQs at https://mass.freelegalanswers.org/AttorneyFAQ
- Phone: none
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To Volunteer, Contact:
Brian Reichart617-357-0700Download this organization and add it to your address book.
- Organization Type: Nonprofit Legal Services Provider