Prison Law 2018
- 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Practising Law Institute
Practising Law Institute - New York Center and Live Webcast
- Prisons/Criminal Records
In an area where advocates face increasingly challenging legal issues, whether they represent incarcerated individuals from a public interest practice, private practice or as a policy advocate, and where government lawyers also grapple with complex concerns, PLI's Prison Law program offers a unique focus on evolving prison law issues. This program is designed for lawyers who represent incarcerated persons or who work with respect to prison conditions and prisoner treatment.
What You Will Learn
• Prison litigation involving federal defendants
• Gender-specific issues impacting incarcerated women
• Prison and jail settlements
• Representation in death cases
• Ethical considerations in prison law matters
Prisoners' rights advocates, as well as lawyers or law students considering pro bono representation or who want to hear about the legal issues that arise in connection with state and federal prison populations, will find this program especially valuable.
Cia de LawrencePractising Law Institute212-824-5705
- Website: www.pli.edu