Serving on a Nonprofit Board 2019: Practical and Ethical Considerations for Attorneys (Webcast)
- 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Practising Law Institute
Practising Law InstituteMap:New York, NY
Why You Should Attend
Joining a nonprofit board can be one of the most personally and professionally rewarding experiences of an attorney's career. Whether you're an experienced attorney or just beginning to practice, serving on a nonprofit board can bring opportunities to deepen your skills, make valuable connections, and help a cause that is personally meaningful to you.
What You Will Learn
• How to do your due diligence: the questions to ask and documents to request before you join a nonprofit board
• How you can bring maximum value to your role - how to best assist your fellow board members with business decisions, risk management, and legal decisions
• What you must know about liability insurance and indemnification
• Gain an understanding of the ethics issues and concerns for attorneys who serve on nonprofit boards
Who Should Attend
Serving on a Nonprofit Board: Practical and Ethical Considerations for Attorneys will provide practical tips and review important ethical considerations for attorneys currently serving on nonprofit boards or thinking about joining a nonprofit board.
Full scholarships, registration fee waivers, and discounts are widely available to attorneys and staff working for nonprofit/legal services organizations; pro bono attorneys/volunteers (providing no-fee legal assistance to clients individually or through an organization); government attorneys; judges and judicial law clerks; law professors and law students; senior attorneys (age 65 and over); unemployed attorneys; and others with financial hardships. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply at https://learning.pli.edu/scholarship.
Practising Law Institute800-260-4754