Webinar Four: Overview of Immigration Consequences of Crimes
- 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: CLINIC
This event takes place online
- Source: Immigration Advocates Network > IAN Nonprofit Resource Center
*This is the first in a four-part series (11/4, 11/11, 11/18, and 11/25).
The final webinar in the series will build on our knowledge of getting the facts and identifying how the client’s criminal record may affect eligibility for the benefit sought. Using a series of hypothetical scenarios, the trainers will apply what is learned to determine how participants would counsel the client in each situation. The trainers will also talk about exposure to crime-based immigration consequences for the legal use of marijuana and strategies for challenging erroneous accusations of gang affiliation.
- How to assess your client's case
- Logistical challenges of legal use or encounters with marijuana
- Challenging erroneous allegations and accusations
To register for this event, or for more information on this series, click here.