Review of Immigration Related U.S. Supreme Court Cases: Challenges, Ramifications & What to Expect
- 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: ABA
This event takes place online
- Source: Immigration Advocates Network > IAN Nonprofit Resource Center
The US Supreme Court has heard a number of critically important immigration cases in recent years, ranging from challenges to new restrictions on asylum seekers’ rights to seek judicial redress, to attempted inclusion of a new citizenship question on the 2020 census, to denial of the right to a bond hearing in detention. Our scholars will discuss the most significant cases, their ramifications, and what to expect in 2020.
- Key case law, and major decisions' impacts
- Politics and partisanship plays in the High Court’s current decision-making
- The nature and likely future of recent “court-packing” proposals
To register for this event, or for more information, click here.