Introduction to Family-Based Immigration Law
- 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: CLINIC
This event takes place online
- Source: Immigration Advocates Network > IAN Nonprofit Resource Center
* This is a six-week online training (2/18 - 3/31).
This is an introduction to family-based immigration for the practitioner who already has some exposure to immigration law fundamentals. The course will be interactive, with opportunities for online discussion among students, and between students and instructors. The course also includes six live webinars .
- Family-based permanent residency status
- Eligibility based on family relationships
- Review of law and procedure for immigrating through a family relationship
- Examination and critique of sample application forms
- Immediate relatives and the preference system
- Retention of priority dates
- Child Status Protection Act
- Immigrating through marriage
- The affidavit of support
- Adjustment of status
- Consular processing
To register for this course, or for more information, click here.