Humanitarian Asylum: Are You Forgetting to Make this Essential Claim for Your Asylum Seeker Client?
- 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: IAN, The Advocates for Human Rights
This event takes place online
- Source: Immigration Advocates Network > IAN Nonprofit Resource Center
As asylum advocacy becomes more difficult in the wake of policy and case law changes, advocates should ensure they are effectively documenting and arguing these claims. The webinar will provide a brief overview of both kinds of humanitarian asylum before diving into best practices for presenting these claims before the asylum office and Immigration Court. The panelist is Alison Griffith, Staff Attorney, Refugee and Immigrant Program, The Advocates for Human Rights.
- Policy Changes
- Strategies for advocating for asylum seekers
- Overview of the types of Humanitarian Asylum
To register for this event, or for more information, click here.