International Training for the Effective Immigration Advocate
- 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Ollin Tlahtoalli
This event takes place online
- Source: Immigration Advocates Network > IAN Nonprofit Resource Center
* This is a training spans several days (5/25-6/13).
There will be nine seminars with an overall goal of improving intercultural communication. Participants will enhance their understanding of the different sociocultural elements that can impact communication processes between individuals with different languages, cultures, and communication patterns. These seminars are broken down into four themes we normally cover in our trainings.
- Confronting Neocolonialism
- Social and Cultural Competency
- Indigenous Organization and Community in Contemporary Mexico
- Trauma-Informed Advocacy
- Asylum Advocacy
- Language Competency and Communication
To register for this event, or for more information, click here.