Writing for Litigators 2021
- 2:00 PM - 5:15 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Practising Law Institute
Practising Law InstituteMap:New York, NY
- Legal Research
Why You Should Attend
Good writing is one of the critical skills necessary to success in the practice of law. But what actually is good legal writing? This program will teach you the secrets of successful legal writing, whether you are writing for judges, partners, or clients.
What You Will Learn
- How to make your writing precise, powerful, and persuasive
- Legal writing do's and don'ts; how to handle legal writing controversies
- The elements of a brief: facts, argument, citing, and footnotes
- What judges like and dislike in legal writing
Who Should Attend
This program will be beneficial for both new and experienced litigators who want to improve their legal writing skills.
*Scholarships are available to qualifying attorneys: https://learning.pli.edu/scholarship.
Practising Law Institute800-260-4754