Thu Oct 12
- print friendly
BBA Webinar: 209A Restraining Orders Basics Training
- 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Boston Bar Association, Women's Bar Association
On ZoomMap:Boston, MA
- Domestic Violence
- Access to Justice
This training, in partnership with the Women's Bar Foundation, covers the basics of advocating for clients in 209A Abuse Prevention proceedings and equips attorneys with the tools necessary to represent survivors of abuse in restraining order hearings. We encourage all attorneys interested in making a difference for families impacted by domestic abuse to attend.
Attendees will leave with:
- An overview of 209A law and procedure
- Advice for preparing and conducting a 209A hearing
- Knowledge of the dynamics of an abusive relationship
- Guidance for advocating for survivors of abuse in court
The Women's Bar Foundation will receive a list of registrants for this program after it concludes to follow up with opportuntites that you can get involved in. Please contact Noah, by the end of the program, at email@example.com if you would like to be removed from the distribution list.