1. Which forms have to be filed?
- Complaint to Establish Paternity form.
- Original or certified copy of the child's birth certificate
- Affidavit Disclosing Care and Custody Proceedings (informs the court of other court cases involving the child)
- Public Assistance Affidavit (informs the court if either party or the child receives public assistance)
- Military Affidavit (Suffolk County only) (informs the court if either party serves in the U.S. military)
- Financial Statement
- Affidavit of Indigency
- Motion for Temporary Orders (if needed)
Not every court has exactly the same requirements. Check the court you will be filing in to be sure you file the right documents.