Service of Process Checklist
Check to make sure you have followed all the necessary steps.
1. Obtain copy of Complaint with docket number from Court
2. Obtain Domestic Relations Summons from Court
3. Must serve: Divorce Summons, Copy of the Complaint, Copy of Standing Order 2-16 (if minor children involved)
4. If fees waived, obtain certified copy of Court Order for Costs and Fees
5. Four Ways to Complete Service of Process
- Acceptance of Service: Defendant can accept service by signing Summons before a Notary Public.
- Sheriff/constable: Defendant can be served by sheriff/constable.
- Disinterested Party: Defendant can be served by a disinterested party.
- Service by Publication: If defendant is parts unknown.
6. Notice to DOR at the office of the Child Support Enforcement Division for the county in which the petition or complaint is pending