Mission and Aspirations
The mission of MassProBono.org is to facilitate and enhance the delivery of pro bono civil legal aid to persons of limited means in Massachusetts.
Our hope is that MassProBono.org will serve as a vehicle to:
1. Expand the pool of volunteer attorneys, law students, paralegals, interpreters, and experts available to provide pro bono assistance in legal matters to persons of limited means.
2. Provide a means for pro bono programs, including those in the courts, to efficiently and effectively publicize their needs to a large audience of potential volunteers and thereby expand their capacity to refer cases and staff projects.
3. Foster cooperation, coordination, and communication among pro bono programs in order to minimize duplication of effort and equalize the distribution of pro bono resources across the Commonwealth.
4. Create a clearinghouse where prospective volunteers can see the range of available pro bono opportunities and find specific opportunities that fit their interests and experience.
5. Enable volunteers to easily find resources to support their pro bono work including a library of legal and practice materials, forums for discussion and mentoring, and a calendar of trainings and events.
6. Strengthen the pro bono culture and the commitment to access to justice within the Massachusetts legal community by acknowledging the pro bono contributions of volunteers, sharing the successes and valuable experiences of volunteers, and highlighting the impact of pro bono work on clients and the justice system.
7. Foster professional development and networking among volunteers, particularly those in search of legal employment.